Computer Tutor – Distance Learning
We currently have a vacancy for a computer and office skills tutor in our Learn@Home department.
This position is based in Greymouth, and primarily involves tutoring students from all over New Zealand who are enrolled in our Learn@Home distance computing & office skills programme. Currently 92% of students live in the North Island. Most students are sole parents who are eager to upskill themselves for work, while they are raising a young child at home.
Ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- Enjoy working with people
- Able to teach in a holistic way – Especially empathetic to the needs of our target group
- Experienced at developing and administering assessments to meet NZQA and organisational requirements
- Cultural sensitivity
- Creative & resourceful
- Able to build excellent rapport over the telephone
- Education/Training qualifications (eg Teacher training or Adult Ed. Quals)
- Industry Qualifications at a level more advanced than that being taught. (eg Dip Computing, CBC, MOUS Advanced in all office applications.)
- MYOB experience an advantage
- Office experience an advantage
- Experience in using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office Applications, and Windows environment
- Clean police record
- Patient and highly adaptable
- Self-managing, yet committed to a teamwork philosophy
- Committed to constant improvement of practice
- Committed to ‘going the extra mile’ to help students to experience success
- Excellent communication and literacy skills required
Success in our programmes is primarily measured in terms of student engagement (Interaction with tutor and completion of work set), unit passes, and employment outcomes. We want every student to experience success in our programmes.
Does this sound like you?
If so, then please submit your CV and Covering Letter below. We would like to hear from you!
Applications close on 10 December.
Interviews will take place in the week beginning 15 December